Reptar is built on nodejs and as such you need to have nodejs installed to use Reptar.
Note: Reptar supports nodejs >= v4.0.0 and been tested on npm >= 3.0.0.
You can install nodejs via its homepage or via Homebrew.
After installing Homebrew you can install nodejs via:
brew install node
Ready to install Reptar? Getting started is simple!
- Install the Reptar command line interface. This installs the
reptarcommand, which is your main interface to building your site.
npm install -g reptar
- Create the directory where your Reptar site will reside.
mkdir mysite && cd mysite
- Initialize a new Reptar site. This copies over basic scaffold files that are needed to build.
- Build your Reptar site for the first time and then start a local server to view the built files.
reptar build && reptar serve
- Navigate to http://localhost:8080/ to see your new Reptar site!